Thursday, July 17, 2008

Marc le Bihan Fall 2008


This is such a great collection overall but I’ve chosen my favorite photos from the bunch for this collage. I think they do well at showcasing the overall theme of the collection. It’s incredibly monochromatic, just like I like it, but within that there’s so much intricacy. The execution on each of the many different types of techniques showcased is basically flawless. From drape-y, voluminous pieces, to crisp, white blouses with unusual and fantastic cuts and pleating, this collection has got it all if you look beyond the color palette and heavy styling. There are so many delicately constructed pieces that could be so versatile when taken out of the element of presentation this collection showcases them within. Personally, though, I love heavy layering; it shows so much character. The layers are each unique but together they make something even more beautiful. Overall, I think this is Marc Le Bihan’s best collection to date. It is so thoughtful and well executed… great work!

No comments: