Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Kiminori Morishita Menswear Spring 2009


How adorable is this collection and presentation? Tremendously, yes. Following the current trend of feminizing the male persuasion, Morishita pulls off this idea in an endearing and sweet way… rather than the more popularized objectifying, turning-the-tables type of way which other designers have this season as well as in some of the F/W 08 shows, such as Ms. Miuccia’s. I love the frivolous aspect of it all, and I even love how that is barely counteracted by anything flashy or rough; everything looks so delicate, soft and lovely.

Morishita did one of my favorite spins on the leggings under pants trend this season, for sure, using these opaque and neutral tones. I really like how they are more like tights than leggings in some of the looks; in fact those are my favorite. Paired with the ribbon-tied mary jane type of shoe, these socks look so cute, especially paired with these versatile blazers and short pants. There are so many ideas here it’s hard to tap into them all without absolutely rambling, especially since I don’t have anything negative or critical to say! I adore so many of the concepts, from the use of leather, to the themes and all the way down to the fabrics and palette.

Suffice to say I really like this one and think the nail was hit on the head. The presentation and styling of the collection are adorable, yes… but don’t let that overshadow the fact that there are many incredible individual pieces in here to be found as well.

No comments: