Sunday, January 18, 2009

Lanvin Pre-Fall 2009


Oh, Mr. Elbaz, thank you. I was really scared after Spring’s frankly cheap looking collection… but this not only reinstated my love and faith in his vision for Lanvin, but it’s actually stunning above and beyond that. The rich fabrics, the heavy styling and mucho accessories – it’s overtly luxurious and I love it. I would love to kidnap him, pinch his cheeks and buy him a pink and blue swirl lollipop for this collection. Yeah, sure… we are in a recession. But do I want to look like I am? No. Bring on the decadence, I say.

I am absolutely in love with the fur coats/bolero here because, while I’m very glad fur has made a comeback, I see a lot of cheap looking pieces out there currently (even if their price tag is not), but these are phenomenal and I love what he’s conveying with them. The huge dramatic collars warm my cold soul and paired with the slouchy gloves and draped fabrics… oh yes! I love how the color palette is completely out shined by the wide array of different textured fabrics; they all give off a different effect, therefore rendering layered blacks to almost appear as different shades. This effect, paired with the impressively strategic use of metallics and the intense gathering in all the right places sends my mind into overdrive.

No comments: