Friday, June 12, 2009

Y's Red Label Fall 2009


Took me long enough to post this one, I suppose. The last few months have gone by too quickly. Aside from the garments with text prints, which I only included one of above, I really am smitten with this collection. The reasons are obvious, surely… she successfully was able to take the Yamamoto silhouette and really craft it to be her own version for this label and I was beginning to look forward to her output a great deal. Unfortunately, it was been going around that Ms. Suzuki has in fact resigned from the Red Label and subsequently – but so unfortunately – NONE of this gorgeous collection will be seeing the light of day as far as actually going into production and then to retail.

I’m unsure of her reasoning, as it was by word of mouth that I learned of her departure, but while she will be missed as designer of this label, I really hope that she will continue to have some sort of output for us to gawk at because her work is stunning and also I’d love to see what, at this point in her career, she will come up with when not under the confines of someone else’s brand.

No comments: