Saturday, December 19, 2009

Aski Kataski F/W 09.10 pieces

Another one of my favorite 'newer' designers, Katsuhiro Makino, also has the great ability to produce pieces that are a world of intrigue on all their own. I am never really a fan of his lookbook images - not because the styling isn't great and not that the pieces don't always look covetable - it's just that they leave the viewer with only a vague 'feel' for his overall style... and not a chance to really admire his pieces for what they really are.

The organic feel, plus the celestial overall designs, it's really special. I adore his color palette and his craftsmanship; his pieces feel honest and have such a slight of hand quality that I'm so attracted to. They are not over-the-top at all or shocking aesthetically, but the amount of magic that lies within the materials, detailing, proportions - it's enough to leave one in awe. I hope that the brand will start seeing a surge in retail interest soon, much like I do with Takayuki's.

3 comments:

j. said...

I remember learning about this designer from one of your earlier posts! Lovely to see another collection and I agree, its the organic feel that I like about it as well. As if the clothes had been worn in.. so cozy looking.

inaya said...

hi again love,

I agree, I love that same thing, how they look sort of worn and antique though they're newly constructed. I always love sentimentality in clothing and I think this stuff has a lot.

xoxoxo

kelsea said...

these pieces are really great. love the bag