Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Christian Lacroix Fall 2009 Haute Couture


While Lacroix’s future is sadly uncertain, the circumstantial inspiration certainly birthed a gorgeous collection. Though he pretty much wiped out his typically colorful palette for this – it is still inevitably him. And though the reasoning for the black overtone might be a grim one, I’m certainly not complaining for the time being, because I love a bit of darkness with my Lacroix (ok… with my everything). I adore the restrictiveness of it all and how understated yet phenomenal most of the pieces are. I love practical couture because the magic is in the details. The way he works his embellishments here is gorgeous and I really love the lustrous fabrics he used as well. The lack of accessories and humble headwraps on the majority of the looks is perhaps also a reflection of the times, but by the same token, looks stunning. Lacroix certainly made a point this season, as well as some gorgeous clothes… here’s to hoping he’ll be gracing us with many more collections.

No comments: