Saturday, July 18, 2009

Y's Yohji Yamamoto Fall 2009


To make a terrible ‘word to the Y’s’ joke or not? Anyways, I thought this season’s Y’s collection was a beauty, but I guess that’s no surprise. I love that function is such a huge part in this line but that the clothes are always gorgeous even that they never look as though they’re from a ’secondary’ line. Lately I have been obsessing over ankle-length shirtdresses so I am beyond thrilled to see the denim one shown here and can’t wait to get my mitts on it. The proportions this season are so beautiful and beyond what I’ve shown in the image above, there are a lot more slim fitting pieces in the collection as a whole, so a really nice range of pieces overall. The footwear is really nice as well, particularly the boots; the black and white docs are gorgeous.

No comments: