Saturday, July 18, 2009

sacai Spring 2010


Instead of the presentation photos this season, I would really rather show some individual pieces because while Chitose Abe’s overall look is great for sacai – it’s the progress that the construction and detailing has made that is the most admirable thing at this moment, for me anyhow. I have bought some pieces in the past and they’ve been very pretty and also very comfortable but didn’t seem like they’d hold up forever, which is ok since her prices are more than fair. However, in the last year she has really upped the ante; she’s said to have moved to a new atelier and these new creations are beautiful both in theory and in their construction. And although I love how she works with brighter colors in spring – and does impressively well – I think the tones she chose for autumn are perfect here and compliment the techniques she utilizes a great deal. I will definitely be picking up something from this season and I look forward to getting a closer look and feel of the newer pieces overall.

No comments: