Sunday, February 14, 2010

Suzuki Takayuki exhibition



My beloved Takayuki had a gorgeous exhibition recently in which he worked with Suibokuga artist, Shukoku Tsuchiya, and stylist Shinichi Mita, in creating these garment installations. The trio have reportedly been combining their talents under the group name of TENKI for a few months now. The theme of this particular installation was 'layers' and the artists worked together to combine different elements - the voluminous effect of clothing, incorporated with 2-dimensional art - to create garments that challenge, blur and works toward eliminating the divide that exists between clothing and art. Aside from the philosophy behind it all, it's simply stunning from a visual standpoint. I love the different showcases and concepts within the exhibition and I very much look forward to seeing what they be creating together in the future.

6 comments:

j. said...

Visually stunning indeed. I love the ghostly lighting and how they were able to let the clothes stand by themselves without losing any of its artistry.. I think only few can manage to do that.

xx

inaya said...

I adore the lighting so much as well! Lovely to hear from you, dear. Hope all is well for you :D

xoxo

anca gray said...

how lovely! the pieces look so fragile! also, missing you on polyvore!

inaya said...

Aww I was missing you too! Hope to catch up soon

xoxox

Efren Avila said...

I am in love with your blog, beautiful posts.
I am now following!

♥ MADISON thing

http://madisonthing.blogspot.com

inaya said...

aw, thank you so much. :)
I follow you now too, dear!
all the best
xoxo