Saturday, March 7, 2009

Ann Demeulemeester Fall 2009



Bringing us one of the many glorious collections of the day was Ms. Demeulemeester, who has answered my prayers with this collection. The amount of jealously I felt when the men’s collection had pony hair boots and body-engulfing knits is indescribable… as is the amount of joy I felt when I laid eyes on this. Because as it turns out, she has not forgotten her ovary-clad brethren, aterall… and we, too, get a chance to partake in the heaven that must be wearing pony hair riding boots made by the mother of all equestrian boot makers.

I love the sex appeal that this collection gives off, with the super bondage inspired leather corsets as well as the binding going on with some of the pieces as well. I think that mixing overtly sexy with masculine pieces always looks good but here it is particularly appealing as Ann’s pieces are so distinct in their shape and construction.

The nature references are really beautiful as well and I think they were a great choice. Feather headpieces which looked sort of like antlers, paired with the structured feel of her clothes is a unique and lovely combination. I am really glad to see these kind of things going on and to see her moving right along, theme-wise, from season to season again in both of her lines.

I can’t not mention the detailing at least briefly. Once again, I have to mention the binding and restrictions on some of the pieces. I am a total sucker for it in general, and of course I liked it in her SS09 but I think it fits better here; the result is so stunning. Also the beading is gorgeous and I can’t wait to examine those pieces close up.

No comments: