Monday, March 9, 2009

Véronique branquinho Fall 2009

The ladies are owning Paris this season and Véronique’s collection is no exception. Possibly my favorite from her in a while; I am loving everything, even down to the shoes… and I never like her shoes. This season she seems to have pulled out all the stops and in all the right ways. There is a lot of obvious thought that’s gone in here and the result is a deliciously directional show.

Probably one of my favorite color palettes this season… all of the black and white, paired with the most perfect muted violet… pure beauty! I love all of the structured pieces and they’re so well done. The cuts are amazing and I love the fit of everything. There aren’t a ton of prints but the pieces which have prints are divine. The range of textures is also fantastic, considering how minimal the overall vibe is.

The knitwear is perfect; delicate pieces, topped off with braided detailing. I am also adoring the use of fur… there are so many great shows this season with covetable furs, though I’m sure the price tags will be nothing short of dream-shattering, for most of us. Aside from just the fur pieces, all of the outerwear is so good and I love the length of them.

I can’t go without mentioning the shoes, because usually they’re a matronly nightmare. They’re adorable this season, though. The range of them is nice and the details are fab. I am especially digging the sparkly ones.

No comments: