Monday, March 9, 2009

Hartmann Nordenholz Fall 2009

I wasn’t sure what to expect from him this season but Nordenholz definitely brought something fresh and lovely to the table. It’s nice to see his great pleating skills, as always. The draping is fantastic as well and looks extra amazing ascending from the precision pleating. I love how in the photos where the clothing blends into the printed background, that the manipulated portions of the pieces are the bits that stand out due to the dimensions.

Some of the silhouettes are really interesting as well and I’m sure the garments move like a dream due to the construction and delicate fabrics. I adore the use of mauve, of all colors… paired with that perfect blue and the neutrals; an unlikely but perfect combination.

One thing that I really like about this as a whole is that while it’s heavy on the draping, it also includes some fantastic structured bits as well. The proportions are also great overall and I really enjoy the skirts in particular… great lengths and fabrics. The tanktops are also really nice; the cuts, as well as how the prints were done on them.

But the best part? The bag. I need to find a stockist for that thing because it must be mine. I will always be faithful to my O.G. Nightingale but I wouldn’t mind cheating on it once a week with that stunner. The shoes are perfect for the collection and pretty cute, generally speaking, as well.

No comments: